Na Fianna Club Notes – Notaí Chlub na seachtaine
29th July 2019 – 29ú Iúil 2019
Weekend Results – Torthaí na deireadh seachtaine
Well done to our Senior 2 (2-11 to 1-13) and AFL8 (5-21 to 1-6) footballers on weekend wins. Hard luck to our AFL4’s (1-6 to 0-20).
Fixtures – Liosta na gcluichí
• Our Junior B Hurlers play wild Geese in league in Mobhi Rd on Monday night at 7.30pm.
• Ladies Cup Football on Wednesday night at 7.30pm with Seniors away against Clontarf and Inters against Foxrock Cabinteely on back pitch Scoil Chaitriona.
• Mens Rounders on Sunday at 12 noon in Albert College Park against The Heath Laois.
• Full fixture list available on club website www.clgnafianna.com/fixtures/ Best of luck to all teams, all support welcome.
Na Fianna’s Dubs – An Greansaí Gorm
• Congrats to Tom Gray’s Dublin Under-20 footballers on Saturday’s All-Ireland semi-final win against Galway. Well done to Na Fianna’s David O’Hanlon, Donal Ryan, David Lacey (0-1), Eoin O’Dea, James Doran (0-1) and Brian O’Leary (0-2) who are now through to next weekend’s All-Ireland Final against Cork, venue tbc. Best of luck men. Special mention to Donal Ryan on his Loach na hImeartha (Man of the Match) award.
• Good win also for Lucy Collins and Dublin’s Senior Ladies Footballers in Saturday’s All-Ireland Ladies SFC against Monaghan. Congrats all and best of luck in next weekend’s quarter final.
• Best of luck to Jonny Cooper, Eoin Murchan, Conor McHugh and Dublin’s Senior Footballers in next Sunday’s Super 8s game against Tyrone in Omagh.
Other Club News – Timpeall an Chlub
• Na Fianna host Leinster Ladies Minor Singles Handball final in club next Tuesday, 30th July at 8pm. Would be great to see a Na Fianna crowd there.
• Details on ordering tickets through the Club for Dublin’s All-Ireland Football Championship Semi-Finals to be confirmed for either Saturday 10 August OR Sunday 11 August in Croke Park are available to view on club website, see link https://www.clgnafianna.com/follow-the-dubs/ Orders must be in by 8pm Thursday 1st August. Members are also reminded that details of Members’ ticket purchases through the Club will be taken into consideration for ticket allocation later.
• Fáilte roimh chách sa bhear sa Chlub oíche Máirt an 30ú Iúil 7pm. Cupán tae, comhrá agus briosca. Beidh ionadaithe ó Ghlór na nGael ag plé le hoifigigh an Chlub an oíche úd. Beimid ag iarraidh a chur ina luí orthu go bhfuil Bonn Óir Joe Mhic Dhonncha tuillte ag Na Fianna as ucht an sárobair teanga agus cultúr atá ar bun againn sa Chlub.Bígí linn an Mháirt an 30ú sa bhear 7pm – Fáilte roimh chách – Brú ar bith – Líofa nó cúpla focal, is cuma.
All welcome in the bar in the Club, Tuesday night 30th July 7pm. A cup of tea, conversation and a biscuit. Representatives of Glór na nGael will be meeting with Club officers on the night. We would like to impress on them that the Joe McDonagh Gold Medal has been earned by Na Fianna by all the great language and cultural work we have going on in the Club. Join us on Tuesday 7pm in the bar – All welcome – No pressure – Fluent or a cúpla focal, no matter.
• See weekend’s Na Fianna Nuacht here https://clgnafianna.com/26u-iuil-2019/